|Unité d'enseignement / ECTS / Parcours/Spécialisation(s)||UE : Derivatives : 3 ECTS.|
|Ouvert aux visitants||oui (3 ECTS)|
|Nombre de places disponibles||40|
|Langue de travail :||English|
|Volume horaire en présentiel :||20 h|
|Heures de travail totales à prévoir par l'étudiant :||60 h|
Track : Présentiel
|LEARNING GOAL 1 : Students will master state-of-the-art knowledge and tools in management fields in general, as well as in areas specific to the specialized field of management.|
|Students will identify a business organization’s operational and managerial challenges in a complex and evolving environment.|
|Students will understand state-of-the-art management concepts and tools and use them appropriately.|
|Students will implement appropriate methodologies to develop appropriate solutions for business issues.|
This course gives a presentation of derivatives (mainly options in this course) which are actively traded on many exchanges around the world.
Along with market trading mechanics, students will learn trading strategies and use of derivatives. Some basics of evaluation are also presented (arbitrage opportunities and price determinants).
- Define derivatives
- Recognize arbitrage opportunities
- Outline regulations of derivative markets
- Give example(s) of derivatives use
- Describe market mechanics
- Employ and exploit trading stratgies on equity options
- Distinguish trading strategies according to their objective (speculation, hedging...) with derivatives
- Construct strategies based on the call-put parity
The nature of derivatives
Use of derivatives examples
Weather, energy and insurance derivatives
2. Mechanics of options markets
Options positions and payoffs
3. Properties of stock options
Impact of dividends
4. Trading strategies involving options
Basic finance and risk
Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives 8th Edition, Copyright © John C. Hull 2011
Les comportements tels que...
... peuvent conduire à l'exclusion du cours.