|Unité d'enseignement / ECTS / Parcours/Spécialisation(s)||UE : Expertise in international commerce : 3 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Ouvert aux visitants||oui (3 ECTS)|
|Nombre de places disponibles||50|
|Langue de travail :||Français|
|Volume horaire en présentiel :||20 h|
|Heures de travail totales à prévoir par l'étudiant :||60 h|
Track : Présentiel
The aim of the course is to raise students to be able to : embrace a general view of international commerce in the context of globalization, evaluate the complexities of the 21st century trade, and use appropriate methods and tools to stabilize international commerce.
- Outline a general view of international commerce in the context of globalization
- Identify and explain and evaluate the complexities of the 21st century trade
- State and get trained how to stabilize business environment for efficient import / export
- Use appropriate methods and tools to stabilize international commerce
- Use and onceptualize the techniques of commercial transactions
International law of contracts
Globalization and environment in global business
Definition of an international contract, negotiation and conclusion
Complexity of laws, rule of the contract
Conflict of laws - Rome regulation - Hague convention...
Substantive law and "lex mercatoria" - Vienna convention - Unidroit
Settlement of disputes
Jurisdiction - Brussels I regulation and recognition and enforcement of judgments - at French law...
Arbitration - French rules/ private rules (UNCITRAL), agreements...
Alternative dispute resolution methods
The different contracts in a contract of sale
- Use of appropriate commercial terms (INCOTERMS)
- Particulars in construction and installations abroad ; tender and bidding process
- the sale of goods and services ; general sale conditions
The contract of carriage: Europe and overseas:
- duties and liabilities of seller/ shipper/ consignor/ carrier
- land, air, sea carriage contracts ; liner terms, AWB, B/L
- carriage risks and insurance
Payment mechanisms and financing international contracts
- financial risks and their classification ; risk management
- payment mechanisms ; bill of exchange, CAD, L/C, SBLC
- export financing by banks, factors, discounting, countertrade
Export documentation: within and outside the EU
- commercial, customs, transport, bank and credit, insurance documentation
Antoni, E. (2000), International Commerce, Paris, Ellipses.
International Chamber of Commerce (2010), Incoterms 3000.
Padgett, J. (1994), Start Your Own Import/Export Business, Prentice Hall.
EXPORTER : pratiques du CI, Foucher
The handbook of int’l trade, the institute of export
Droit du CI par Jacquet/Delebecque, Dalloz
Les comportements tels que...
... peuvent conduire à l'exclusion du cours.