|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :International sales and distribution : 12 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Open for visitors||yes (4 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||24 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||72 h|
Track : Attendance
Retailing: This course is meant as an introduction to the word of retailing. It discusses issues involved in
implementing retail strategies and running retail businesses. The course combines lectures and
presentations to offer the future managers the understanding of the theory as well as useful tools for
- Define issues involved in implementing retail strategies and running retail businesses.
- Demonstrate the theory as well as useful tools for retailing management.
Retailing (8h, workload expected 24h)
1. What is retailing ?
2. Retailing strategy
3. Merchandising management
4. Store management
5. People management
6. The future of retailing
Distribution (16 hours, workload expected 48 hours)
1, Design of logistics and inventory in distribution
2, Last Mile Issues (concpets and solutions)
3,Omnichannel and multichannel (strategies and cases)
key concepts in marketing, sales, and logistics
- Nienmeier, S., Zocchi, A. & Catena, M. (2015), Reshaping Retail, Wiley.
- Lewis, R. & Dart, M. (2010), The New Rules of Retail, competing in the world’s toughest market
place, St Martin’s Press.
- Tanner,J., Honeycutt,E. & Erffmeyer,R. (2009), Sales management, Pearson.
International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Emerald
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.