|Course set (UE) / Credits (ECTS) / Track / Specialization||Module :International Strategy : 5 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||20 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||80 h|
Track : Attendance
An introductory course to international strategy in a practical and innovative course.
This course combines concepts and techniques for crafting and executing strategy. Students develop and implement strategic planning and thinking, contributing to the achievement of their international business objectives as well as adding value for their future customers.
This course focuses on international strategies, and more particularly in which countries to compete, where to locate activities, and how to organize your business. It will make your business strategy anticipative to predict the market trend, and determine your competitive edge. This course offers a guide to help future managers navigate the strategic decisions they will make abroad in order to best fit their international business.
- Define a business strategy (vision, mission and values)
- Picture graphically a strategic diagnosis
- Determine your relative market share and market growth
- Optimize your tools for external and internal analysis
- Develop your business plan (executive summary) and SMART decision-making for your international strategy
- Revise your strategic plan to achieve your business objectives
1) Understanding strategic principles
- The main approaches to strategic concepts
- Key factors of success
2) Understanding your future market
- Using the MAM for external analysis (SWOT)
3) Identifying your business core competencies
- Using the CBM for internal analysis (SWOT)
4) Formulating international strategies
- Market entry through low-cost leadership, differentiation, or specialization
- Defining relative market share & competitive edge
5) Implementing successful strategy
- Setting up a strategic plan
- Leading the implementation of the strategy
- Basic principles of international marketing
- Basic theory of international business
- JP BERQUE is an executive, consultant and trainer in international strategy and management with 25 years of international professional experience in various administrations (NATO, UNO
embassies) and companies (firms and consulting agencies).
- A graduate from EM business school Strasbourg, Ecole pratique des hautes études, Sorbonne and INALCO.
JP BERQUE, International strategy handbook (reference manual provided in class).
Harvard Business School, Strategy
Harvard Business Review, Le must de la stratégie, les meilleures spécialistes de la question
Pearson ed., B. Demil, X. LECOCQ and V. WARNIER, Strategy et Business models
M.A HITT, R. D. IRELAND & R.E. HOSKISSON, Strategic management (competitiveness and globalization)
Gary BURNISON, International marketing and international strategy
J.P. BERQUE, Global Business efficiency, (to be published soon)
M. E. PORTER, Competitive Strategy
Pearson ed., PRIME & USUNIER, No fear of failure, Real stories of how leaders deal with Risk and Change
H. COUTAU-BEGARIE, traité de stratégie. (directeur de la revue stratégique et président de la stratégie comparée)
M. GERVAIS, stratégie de l'entreprise
Reference manual (customized textbook)
Behaviors such as
may lead to expulsion from the class/course.