|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Systems for business entreprises : 3 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Open for visitors||yes (3 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||81 h|
Track : Attendance
There is no company today that does not rely on its management on an information system. A good information system allows the company to adapt quickly and at best to the changes it knows. It allows the fluidification of work, monitoring and rapid access to information. This module presents the importance of integrated information systems in the enterprise. This module also aims to focus on the IS modeling part, from the idea to the realization of a simple solution (under MS Access). It also presents an opening towards the other tools used in the company (APS, SCR, CRM, SRM, ....).
This course delves into the skills commonly found in today’s information systems integration in structures. The student will learn how modeling a real situation and going to create an information system based on values from this real situation. This course will not be limited to theoretical concepts but extends to real-world challenging case studies in order to provide hand-on practical experience in apprehending models and solutions.
- Identify the context to be modeled in the enterprise case
- Describe the modeling process through entities-relationships between items of the organization
- Apply the rules of relationships between items in a model
- Break down a complex context into elementary part to make easy modeling in an information system
- Construct a true model (MDD) based on design chart (MCD)
- Release a model in IS support (MS Access)
1. Introduction to integrated IS
2. Introduction to IS modeling
3. Entity / Association-MCD model
4. Rules of transition from the E / A model to the relational model
6. MS Access
10. Case Study 1: Library Management
11. Case Study 2: Product Management
12. Case Study 3: Cinema Management
13. Presentation of case studies (slides)
- MS Excel
- Google Draw.io
- MS Access (for beginners)
1.An Introduction to Database Systems (8th Edition), C. J. Date, 2004.
2. Modelling and Analysis of Enterprise Information Systems, 2007.
3. Succeeding in Business with Microsoft Access 2013: A Problem-Solving Approach, De Sandra Cable, 2015.
- Management information systems : managing the digital firm (PEGE Library - EM Strasbourg)
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.