|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Information security management : 5 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Management Information Systems|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
Securing the availability, confidentiality and integrity of information became key success factors for enterprises to create, preserve, and extend their competitiveness in the information age. Information Security is an integral part of Information Systems Management going beyond IS boundaries and touching issues of HR, Marketing or Risk Management. This course gives students a comprehensive overview of relevant topics in the area starting with developing Security Management & Governance strategies, designing Security Architectures, explaining the logic of Security Infrastructure and learning about Security Processes. The course combines theories with practical examples, using a case study to deepen students understanding of the topic. The course will also contain a final chapter on discussing Security Ethics encouraging students’ critical thinking while deploying security tools.
- Memorize the main theories/frameworks from InfoSec disciplines on Security Management and Governance, incl. HR Security, operational risk management etc.
- Apply the principles for design of security architectures
- Analyze Information Security Infrastructure elements to perform efficient and effective choices on their deployment.
- Generate unanswered questions that may provide fruitful venues for research
- Generate a qualitative research case study.
Introduction :The role of Information Security in Companies
- Definition of Information Security Getting familiar with terms
- Security Management Frameworks
- Key Performance Indicators
- Security Governance and
Module 1 (2 sessions): Information Security Research on Elements and presenting
Management System their Meaning
Module 2: Security Management Metrics (2 sessions) Application of analysis techniques
Drivers for Metrics
Metric Types and Data Sources
Case Study (1 session): Work on Security Advantages for Distributed Ledger Systems / Presentation
Presentation of case
Module 3 (2 sessions): Security Architecture
Architecture Design Principles
- End-to-end Security
- Outsourcing Security
- Industry 4.0 Security Multiple topographies and risk reports
Module 4 (2 sessions): Infrastructure Building Blocks
Identity & Access Management
- Need to have/know/be
- IAM solutions Analysis of life case solutions
Data Leakage Prevention
- Security (Awareness) Training Analysis of data leakage cases
Big Data Security
- Logging & Monitoring
- Security data analysis SWOT analysis
Module 5 (across sessions): Security Ethics
Security Developments: Research & Practice Presentation of ethical dilemma:
QUIZ at the beginning of every session, starting at the second session.
Course Group Project: Presentation of results at every session by (at least) one group, starting at the second session
Management of Information Security, 5th Edition
Michael E. Whitman Michael J. Coles College of Business, Kennesaw State University/ Herbert J. Mattord Michael J. Coles College of Business, Kennesaw State University
ISBN-10: 130550125X | ISBN-13: 9781305501256
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.