|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Entrepreneurial Finance : 3 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||yes (3 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||20 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||60 h|
Track : Attendance
|LEARNING GOAL 1 : Students will master state-of-the-art knowledge and tools in management fields in general, as well as in areas specific to the specialized field of management.|
|Students will identify a business organization’s operational and managerial challenges in a complex and evolving environment.|
|Students will understand state-of-the-art management concepts and tools and use them appropriately.|
|LEARNING GOAL 2 : Students will develop advanced-level managerial skills.|
|Students will work collaboratively in a team.|
|Students will communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing, in a business context.|
|LEARNING GOAL 4: Students will study and work effectively in a multicultural and international environment.|
|Students will analyze business organizations and problems in a multicultural and international environment|
The course focuses on three main educational targets:
1. deploy the inner characteristics making Entrepreneurial Finance very different from the standard corporate finance approach, i.e.: (a) investing in “financial capital” mostly profiled by performances related to “human capital” while less linked to competition in a specific industry; (b) bearing a corporate risk profile related to the innovation processes that support the competitive advantage and the long term economics of the entrepreneurship; (c) adopting financial solutions contingent to the entrepreneurial life cycle being able to change the dimension, the terms and covenant along with the legal and tax profile of the running financial transactions
2. give to course attendants the best practice and tools developed to apply in business practice the above topics: (i) financial planning of affordable corporate expectations and financial analysis of true growing opportunities to invest in, along with a structural analysis of the timing for competence spreading into the corporate organizations; (ii) fixing the capital attraction capacity (as debt or equity capital) of the entrepreneurial project both through intermediaries and financial markets, thus defining the market-to-potential value ratios; (iii) structuring a funding package for the specific entrepreneurial proposal, along with its upkeep in time.
3. get knowledge of the best professional practice that supports the most important transactions in entrepreneurial finance during the corporate life-cycle, along with the evidence about the bias and the main legal and tax profile that can be generated during the transaction evolution.
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate with Business Angels, Venture Capitalists and Private Equity companies
- Demonstrate the ability to tune-up any Entrepreneurial Finance transaction
- Analyze and identify the current stage of the Entrepreneurial Life-cycle for any business
- Design the Equity and Debt profiles of any transaction
- Evaluate and validate the estimation of the hidden value of any Entrepreneurial Business
Five topics will be dealt during the course, representing the five inner learning outcomes
1.Entrepreneurial Finance: financial transaction topics and main difficulties in corporate analysis
2.Valuing the return-to-risk profile through the entrepreneurial life cycle
3.Equity capital solutions to Entrepreneurial Finance
4.Debt capital solutions to Entrepreneurial Finance
5.Tuning Entrepreneurial Finance transactions
All the classes are based on a very practical approach therefore using cases and real corporate experience without offending sound scientific framework. Classes will be developed in a typical business-school approach. For each of the five learning topics seminars will be focused on
- A) provide a complete theoretical framework
- B) highlight the inner difficulties in practical application and practice
- C) discuss a real case
Interaction with the attendants is mandatory. Attendants are thus suggested to read in advance the readings for the specific lessons according to the analytical syllabus that will be available a few days before classes begin.
Knowledge of basics in corporate finance are appreciated
Mantovani Guido M., The Financial Value of Entrepreneurship, Palgrave, New York City, 2017
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.