|Course set (UE) / Credits (ECTS) / Track / Specialization||Module :Introduction to Investment and Financial Markets : 5 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
This course will give students a global perspective on financial markets organisation and instruments. In the first chapter, we will present the different segments of the financial markets (Money Market, Bond Market, Stock Market, Forex). Then, we will focus on bonds valuation and bond markets. The third chapter will be dedicated to stocks, with the study of the risk and return couple. The fundamentals of the Capital Asset Pricing Model and Portfolio Theory will be dealt with in chapter 4. Finally, chapter 5 will provide a brief introduction to derivatives with a focus on options.
- Describe the main players involved in financial markets.
- Distinguish between the main forms of financial markets' organization.
- Explain the various forms of financial risks including the difference between systematic and specific risk.
- Apply the Capital Asset Pricing Model to simple cases.
- Calculate the price of a bond with discounting techniques.
Chapter 1 : Financial Markets Organisation
Chapter 2 : Bonds and Bond Market
Chapter 3 : Stocks
Chapter 4 : the Capital Asset Pricing Model
Chapter 5 : introduction to Derivatives
Fundamentals of Accouting (financial statements analysis), Fundamentals of Financial Mathematics (discount rate)
Basic knowledge in Financial Economy
Berk, J. and DeMarzo, P. (2007). Corporate Finance, Pearson International Edition
Behaviors such as
may lead to expulsion from the class/course.