|Course set (UE) / Credits (ECTS) / Track / Specialization||Module :Supply chain strategy and challenges, levers of success : 5 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
|LEARNING GOAL 1 : Students will master state-of-the-art knowledge and tools in management fields in general, as well as in areas specific to the specialized field of management.|
|Students will identify a business organization’s operational and managerial challenges in a complex and evolving environment.|
|Students will understand state-of-the-art management concepts and tools and use them appropriately.|
|Students will implement appropriate methodologies to develop appropriate solutions for business issues.|
Course aim: Get familiar with the Supply Chain Strategy, its challenges, and its operational applications.
Course description: Supply Chain Management continues to transform the competitive landscape and has become a key business issue for companies. A concrete and operational approach.
Intended learning objectives:
- Identify how supply chains are structured
- Make the link between the company's core strategy and the supply chain
- Apply the supply chain English vocabulary
- Understand the benefits of collaboration within supply chains
- Improve the supply chain performance, by understanding the challenges.
- Define - Define a Supply Chain Strategy - Identify the supply chain components and stakehodlers - Define the Key Performance Indicators and a scoreboard - Analyze KPI's - Compare Supply Chains according to their organization by mapping the flow based on the SCOR model - Analyze essential elements to establish a collaborative approach based on the S&OP process - Set up a stock reduction approach - Do the bullwhip-effect experience.
Day 1: Strategy and Supply Chain
Day 2: The SCOR Model: how to model a Supply-Chain with SCOR
Day 3: Improve SC performance with metrics and best practices
Day 4: The Beer Game and Working together (Sales and Operations Planning process, VMI)
Day 5: The working capital challenge: Inventory management, SC future levers of success and challenges.
Basic Supply Chain knowledge.
Logistics Management and Strategy ; A.Harrison and R.Van Hoek : ed. FT Prenctice Hall, 2008
Strategic supply management ; P.Cousins, R.Lamming, B.Lawson, B.Squire, ed. FT Prentice Hall, 2008
Strategic Supply Chain Management ; S.Cohen, J.Roussel, ed. McGraw-Hill, 2008
Logistics concepts for the future ; Different authors, ed. Leif Enarsson, 2002
The ten Day MBA ; S.Silbiger, ed.Quill William Morrow, 1999
Hau L. Lee et V. Padmanabhan, « Information distortion in a supply chain: The bullwhip effect », Management Science 43, no 4 (avril 1997): 546.
Tavares Thomé, Antônio Márcio, Luiz Felipe Scavarda, Nicole Suclla Fernandez, et Annibal José Scavarda. « Sales and operations planning: A research synthesis ». International Journal of Production Economics 138, no 1 (juillet 2012)
Behaviors such as
may lead to expulsion from the class/course.