|Course set (UE) / Credits (ECTS) / Track / Specialization||Module :Activités pédagogiques complémentaires - consolidation des acquis : ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||no|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||20 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||60 h|
Track : Attendance
|LEARNING GOAL 1 : Students will master state-of-the-art knowledge and tools in management fields in general, as well as in areas specific to the specialized field of management.|
|Students will identify a business organization’s operational and managerial challenges in a complex and evolving environment.|
|Students will understand state-of-the-art management concepts and tools and use them appropriately.|
|Students will implement appropriate methodologies to develop appropriate solutions for business issues.|
|LEARNING GOAL 2 : Students will develop advanced-level managerial skills.|
|Students will work collaboratively in a team.|
|Students will participate in a decision-making process in a critical way.|
|Students will communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing, in a business context.|
|LEARNING GOAL 4: Students will study and work effectively in a multicultural and international environment.|
|Students will demonstrate written and oral competency in two foreign languages.|
This course aims to lead students to:
- Discover a structured strategic approach to innovation based on a sectorial and competitive analysis that aims to create new market spaces: The Blue Ocean Strategy (INSEAD).
- Use the analytic tools of this method in working groups and to apply the strategic canvas in simulation situation.
- Be able to present results of this approach in elaborating a Business Model according to the approach developed by A. Osterwalder & Y. Pigneur.
- Define a sectorial and competitive analysis that aims to create new market spaces.
- Identify the strategic idea
- Produce a Business Model according to a specific approach.
- Formulate a Business Model
- Innovation and Strategic Principles (1h30)
- Presentation of the Blue Ocean Strategy Method via the Yellow Tails Wines case (1h30)
- Presentation of the different steps of the simulation exercise and constitution of working groups (30 mns)
- Simulation, progress of the method stages (6h)
- Presentation of the Business Modeling Generation Canvas (1h30)
- Application in working groups (3h)
- Oral presentations and discussion (2h)
basic strategic knowledge
Kim & Mauborgne, Blue Ocean Strategy, Harvard Business School Press, 2005.
Osterwalder & Pigneur, Business Model Generation, Pearson, 2011.
Behaviors such as
may lead to expulsion from the class/course.