|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Environnement économique et financier des projets : Innovation et évaluation : 10 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||yes (4 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||24 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||72 h|
Track : Attendance
The general objective of this Seminar is to offer the participant an opportunity to put in practice the models and theory covered in previous courses of the Master in Finance program in “real life” business situations. To that end, the seminar will consist on the review and exhaustive discussion of a set of business cases whose common thread is the need to develop adequate solution proposals to a problem situation.
- Present the main criteria of evaluation used for investments
- Discuss business cases
- Apply the models and the theory
- Interpret financial situations based on real situations
Introduction. The relationship between theory and practice in Finance. The Case Method, what the objectives of the course are, formation of work teams, overview of the topics that are covered in the course.
Contents of the Course
1. Financial Analysis, Financial Planning and Project Evaluation
2. Funding Growth and Seasonal Needs
3. Valuation and Investment
4. Cost of Capital
5. Investment Projects, Cash Flow, Techniques used for Project Evaluation
6. Debt Policy and Long-Term Financing
Students must have passed one introductory and one intermediate courses in Finance (Financial Management, Corporate Finance)
Finance - Accounting
Textbook: Kester, Tufano and al. "Case Problems in Finance", 12th edition, McGraw Hill.
Higgins R. "Analysis for Financial Management", 8th edition, McGraw Hill.
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.