|Course set (UE) / Credits (ECTS) / Track / Specialization||Module :Business Game: Managing your growth : 5 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||no|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
This simulation game. designed to put Business Management concepts and mechanisms into practice as concretely as possible within a competitive context. Students in a team of 3 to 5 will be actively involved in the development of the firm they manage. For each period, each team will have to:
• Determine your mid-term strategy, based on an analysis of the situation of the company
• analyse its company’s situation (accounts, studies, etc.);
• adapt its strategy to the situation;
• make operational decisions (finance, marketing, etc.) and report them on the decision form.
The programme will allocate market shares and produce each company’s final situation; this situation will become the starting point of the next period
- Use their knwoledge in management
- Model their decision making process
- Synthesize the analyse of differnet fields of management
- Evaluate the impact of their decisions on the firm development
In groups you will build your decision-making toll and take 4 décisions to develop your firm
The detail of the lecture is available on moodle..
Basics in management;, finance and marketing.
Knwoledge in Excel
Just the documents for the lecture (available on the dedicated moodle)
“Measuring firm performance using financial ratios: A decision tree approach” D Delen, C Kuzey, A Uyar - Expert systems with applications, 2013 - Elsevier
L’ANALYSE FINANCIÈRE À L’AIDE DES RATIOS : LE MODÈLE DE DUPONT - Document pédagogique HEC Montréal - rédigé par : Louise St-Cyr, David Pinsonneault et Marie-Hélène Allard,
Behaviors such as
may lead to expulsion from the class/course.