|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Leadership & Influence : 5 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Jean Philippe BERQUEemail@example.com|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
This is an introductory course to leadership and influence with a practical and innovative method. The method combines concepts and techniques and provides leadership style and collaborative approaches needed to work efficiently in an international environment.
Students will be able to understand and develop leadership skills, contributing to the achievement of their international business objectives as well as adding value for their future multinational teams and global customers.
This training package was developed within the “Professional Development” international training programme, a business programme which was developed for international organisations.
- Définir Define a clear-cut concept of leadership
- Comparer compare and contrast leadership styles
- Mettre en pratique practise leadership skills
- Analyser Analyze and determine leadership through a strategic vision
- Développer Develop your teams’ motivation and competence skills
- Évaluer Evaluate leadership roles
- Influence positively your business environment
The course includes 3 parts:
PART 1: Defining leadership and determining leadership styles (Harvard Business method)
- This is critical for international managers to have a clear strategic vision of where a global business needs to head and why.
PART 2: Leading through strategies and challenges in a multinational environment
- Developing a strategic communication by acquiring tools and techniques.
PART 3: Developing soft skills and best practices with the implementation of the Blue Ocean Leadership.
- Implementing an effective action plan through a proven method to understand why the strategy chosen must be tightly coordinated to achieve companywide performance targets.
Managerial skills and communication
Basics in project and team management
J.P. BERQUE - International strategy - 2018 (Handbook)
G. BURNISON, No fear of Failure, real stories of how Leaders Deal with Risk and Change. Jossey-Bass
E.J. GARCIA, Leadership, perspectives sur l’exercice du pouvoir dans les entreprises. De Boeck.
O. LAJOUS, l’art de diriger. L’Harmattan.
D. CARNEGIE, Comment trouver le leader en vous. Hachette
F.E. DENT, Influence and Succeed, How to win people over every time.
J. COMFORT & P. FRANKLIN (2011), The Mindful International Manager, Kogan Page.
DALE CARNEGIE (2011), Stand and Deliver, New York.
PHILIPPE ROSINSKY (2013), Coaching across Cultures, International Management, Nicholas Brealey, Boston.
W.C. KIM & R. MAUBORGNE (2014), Blue Ocean Leadership, Harvard Business Review.
Le must du leadership, Harvard Business Review
J.P. BERQUE - Global Professional Efficiency, to be published in 2019.
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.