|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Managing the organization: from strategy definition to execution : 5 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||no|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
The objective of this programme is to enable the students to put in practice the acquired skills in Strategy, Basics in Management, Finance Accounting and Leadership in HRM. Furthermore, they will have the opportunity to practice their Leadership competences.
Indeed, the journey will start with the definition of the vision, customer value proposition, strategy and preparation of the business plan including the financial metrics. In order to close the loop, we will address the leadership competences, which are vital for a successful execution of the strategy. Indeed, we often notice the failure of company strategies due to a poor execution as a consequence of weak leadership. The aim is therefore to confront our students with a proper strategy execution based on change management.
The students will be organized in groups and will need to take into consideration the following steps based on a given scenario:
1) SWOT analysis
2) Evaluating the various strategic options and making the choice
3) Building the strategy house
4) Building the Canvas Model
5) Defining the execution plan
6) Communicating the plan
- Define the strategy in order to assure the sustainability of the company
- Express your leadership competences to successfully define and execute the strategy
- Apply the acquired skills in Strategy, Finance & Accounting and Management
- Prepare the SWOT Analysis and the plan to execute the strategy
- Experiment for “Managing successfully an organization”
- Combine Leadership, strategy definition and strategy implementation
- Value the faculty of the students to build performing teams
The course will organized around the following modules in order to enable the students to live the strategy journey:
Module 1: Leadership versus Management, Module 2 The strategy House, Module 3 The Canvas Model, Module 4 The strategy implementation Model including the key Financial metrics, Module 5 Business case study: Students organized in groups need to apply the acquired concepts in defining a implementing the strategy of a given company. Each student will play the role of an Executive Committee member.
Basic skills in organization management and strategy
Team work is essential to move forward and be successful
Behaviors such as
may lead to expulsion from the class/course.