|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Sustainable marketing : 5 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Sales and Marketing|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
This course aims to familiarize students, as future managers, engineers, and entrepreneurs, with the importance of the adoption of the sustainable marketing approach in the XXI century. Using cases from around the world (Europe, North America, Africa, South America, Middle East and Asia) it proves that sustainable marketing is neither a myth nor an oxymoron, though for the marketers there are still many ways for improvement. This course highlights how sustainable development and marketing fit together, in a what way sustainable marketing differs from traditional marketing and how to design a basic sustainable marketing strategy in simple steps.
The course is designed around the process of creation, communication, and delivery of customer value by defining sustainable marketing as socially and environmentally responsible actions that meet the present needs of consumers and businesses while preserving or enhancing the ability of future generations to meet their needs. This is an engaging and highly interactive course in which the instructor relies on the “Learning-by-doing” approach – a concept in educational theory according to which student productivity can be achieved through practice, self-perfection and minor innovations.
- Define sustainability in a marketing context
- Distinguish traditional marketing from the sustainable one
- Apply different approaches for creating, communicating and delivering sustainable customer value
- Analyze critically the sustainability performance of well-known greenwashing companies such as Coca-Cola and McDonalds and make relevant suggestions for actual improvements.
- Develop a basic marketing strategy for a sustainable product
1. Introduction to the sustainable marketing concept. Evolution and basic trends.
2. Understanding sustainable consumption & consumer behaviour
3. Creating sustainable value through product & price management.
4. Communicating sustainable value through integrated marketing communications
5. Delivering sustainable value through supply chain management & logistics
6. Mid-term test
7. Presentation of the final projects
Sustainable marketing concept
1. Belz, F.M., & Peattie, K. (2012). Sustainability Marketing: A Global Perspective. 2nd ed. Business and economics
2. Pastore-Reiss, E. (2012) Les 7 clés du marketing durable. Eyrolles
3. Bascoul, G. & Moutot, J.-M. (2009). Marketing et développement durable : Stratégie de la valeur étendue. Dunod
4. Wimmer, W., LEE, K.M. Polak, J., Quella, F. (2010). ECODESIGN - The Competitive Advantage. Springer
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.