|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Expertise in International Commerce : 5 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Open for visitors||yes (5 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||27 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||108 h|
Track : Attendance
The aim of the course is to raise students to be able to : embrace a general view of international commerce in the context of globalization, evaluate the complexities of the 21st century trade, and use appropriate methods and tools to stabilize international commerce.
- Describe the different transport options available to support international commerce activities
- Name the commercial documents supporting transactions
- Explain the various financial risks companies can be faced to
- Manipulate the various tools used to complete the signing of a commercial agreement
- Analyze the various risk factors impacting international commerce
- Report on the various interactions impacting international trade
- Combine the different steps to go through to support international transactions deployment
International law of contracts
Globalization and environment in global business
Definition of an international contract, negotiation and conclusion
Complexity of laws, rule of the contract
Conflict of laws - Rome regulation - Hague convention...
Substantive law and "lex mercatoria" - Vienna convention - Unidroit
Settlement of disputes
Jurisdiction - Brussels I regulation and recognition and enforcement of judgments - at French law...
Arbitration - French rules/ private rules (UNCITRAL), agreements...
Alternative dispute resolution methods
The different contracts in a contract of sale
- Use of appropriate commercial terms (INCOTERMS)
- Particulars in construction and installations abroad ; tender and bidding process
- the sale of goods and services ; general sale conditions
The contract of carriage: Europe and overseas:
- duties and liabilities of seller/ shipper/ consignor/ carrier
- land, air, sea carriage contracts ; liner terms, AWB, B/L
- carriage risks and insurance
Payment mechanisms and financing international contracts
- financial risks and their classification ; risk management
- payment mechanisms ; bill of exchange, CAD, L/C, SBLC
- export financing by banks, factors, discounting, countertrade
Export documentation: within and outside the EU
- commercial, customs, transport, bank and credit, insurance documentation
Transport options (reminder)
Documentation review (customs,commercial, transport) used for international trade
Payment terms / Financial risks - the different Tools used
Customer/Market/Strategy - global approach
Preparing a contract - the different steps - example
Customer relationship – examples
WTO - overview
Commercial figures/facts in the world
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.