|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Principles of International Management : 18 ECTS.|
|Open for visitors||yes (4 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||20 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||60 h|
Track : Attendance
• The course is concerned with matters of international financial management. It aims at equipping future leaders with the analytical tools they need to manage finance in the international business environment faced with by multinational corporations. It blends theory, practical illustrations and case studies to prepare future MNC managers to make sound international financial decisions and manage the risk of business in a competitive global environment.
• In an introduction the course covers the environment of international financial management and the context and principles surrounding the financing of global firms. It then lists the reasons & determinants for direct foreign investments. It describes the analytical tools required to perform multinational capital budgeting, including country risk assessment. The last part is devoted to the management of short term issues in a global context such as the management of net working capital, the management of transfer prices, and currency risk management.
- Recognize the specific needs of multinational corporations in terms of financial management
- Describe the tools multinational corporations can use
- Operate appropriate solutions to management problems
- Examine the pro and cons of given financial decisions
- Synthesize the opportunities and risks faced by a multinational corporation
- Evaluate the orientation a multinational should take in terms of financial management
- Environment of international Financial Management: Country risk analysis
- Financing the multinational corporation: International financing and national capital markets, cost of capital for foreign investments
- Foreign investment analysis: Capital budgeting for the multinational corporation
- Multinational working capital management
- Managing currency risk (foreign exchange market, forward markets and transaction exchange risk)
Net Present Value
Net Working Capital
Cost of Capital
- Basic mathematical skills
- Vocabulary of corporate finance
Reference manual: A. C. Shapiro, 2013, Multinational Financial Management, Wiley
Various publications from international organizations indicated as possible sources of information to write the essay.
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.