|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Principles of International Management : 18 ECTS.|
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Open for visitors||yes (3 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||20 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||60 h|
Track : Attendance
This course aims to help students mastering the principles and strategies in Supply Chain Management, especially in an international business context.
After learning this course, students are supposed to understand the importance of supply chain management to a company that holds international supply chains or facing an international market. Furthermore, students are supposed to be capable to analyze the challenges and difficulties related to supply chain issues and give proposition of solutions.
An overview of the terminology, fundamental concepts, and tools encountered in the field of international supply chain management will be covered, especially international logistics, global sourcing, and digital SCM.
The course uses the following organization: teacher’s lectures, industrial expert’s lecture, case-study analysis, in-class presentations; after-class academic papers lecture, and e-learning.
The evaluation methods will be the exam, personal participation in class and in teamwork.
- Identify key problems in the supply chain management in a local and in an international environment
- Explain principle functions and tools in supply chain management
- Discover supply chain models regarding business objectives
- Examine the business context and challenges for SCM
- Evaluate the strategies in supply chain management
- Discuss Discuss the challenges and demand in the management of supply chain
- Work in team to analyse a complicated business situation
- Question the sustainable SCM strategies of company
Seminar Topic 1: International SC
1) challenges in SCM (complexity & processes)
2) International logistics
3) Risk & Quality
4) Case Study in class: Where are my cookies?
Seminar Topic 2: Global sourcing
2) supplier management
3) sustainable and CSR
4) Case Study in class: FarmCo: Complexity of Evaluating Suppliers
Seminar topic 3: Digital SCM
1) smart / intelligent Supply Chain
2) E-commerce and SCM
3) SCM strategies in International Market
4) Case Study in class: International expansion in Russian Market
(1) Academic reading: "GREENING THE SUPPLY CHAIN" and "BUILDING SUPPLY CHAIN EXCELLENCE IN EMERGING ECONOMIES"
(2) Online course: SAP Leonardo - Enabling the Intelligent Enterprise
Unit 1: SAP Leonardo - Introduction
Unit 2: SAP Leonardo - The Internet of Things
Unit 3: SAP Leonardo - Analytics
Unit 4: SAP Leonardo - Blockchain
Unit 5: SAP Leonardo - Machine Learning
Unit 6: SAP Leonardo - Big Data
Unit 7: SAP Leonardo - Data Intelligence
Unit 8: SAP Leonardo - What’s Next?
reading, speaking and writing in English
Basic understanding of international business
read: Handbook of Logistics and Distribution Management: Understanding the Supply Chain / Alan Rushton, Phil Croucher, Peter Baker, London: Kogan Page, 2017
(1) Greening the Supply Chain, Joseph Sarkis, Springle, 2006
(2) Building supply chain excellence in emerging economies, Hau Lee and Chung-Yee Lee, Springle, 2007
(3) "Global logistics: new directions in supply chain management", edited by Donald Waters and Stephen Rinsler, Kogan Page, 2014
(4) Handbook of Logistics and Distribution Management : Understanding the Supply Chain / Alan Rushton, Phil Croucher, Peter Baker, London : Kogan Page, 2017
"Can you measure resilience if you are unable to define it? The analysis of Supply Network Resilience (SNRES)", Y Yao & N. Fabbe-Costes, Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal, Vol. 19(4), novembre 2018, 255-265
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.