|Module / ECTS / Path / Specialisation||Module :Système d'information - SCM : 5 ECTS.|
Module :Système d'information - IP : 6 ECTS.
|Discipline||Supply Chain Management|
|Open for visitors||yes (2 ECTS)|
|Working language :||English|
|Volume of contact hours :||20 h|
|Workload to be expected by the student :||60 h|
Track : Attendance
|LEARNING GOAL 1 : Students will master state-of-the-art knowledge and tools in management fields in general, as well as in areas specific to the specialized field of management.|
|Students will identify a business organization’s operational and managerial challenges in a complex and evolving environment.|
|Students will understand state-of-the-art management concepts and tools and use them appropriately.|
|Students will implement appropriate methodologies to develop appropriate solutions for business issues.|
The aim of the course is to raise students to be able to familiarize themselves with the New Technologies of Information and Communication applied to achieve Supply Chain Excellence. The main supply chain processes will be presented in order to give a clear and operational overview of supply chain frameworks.
Course description: New Technologies of Information and Communication (NTIC) necessary for optimizing the SC.
- Identify the stakeholders of the supply chain.
- Indicate which NTICs should be used to improve the supply chain performance.
- Apply a VMI tool.
- Evaluate a VMI tool
1. New Technologies of Information and Communication (NTIC) to support Supply Chain Excellence
- Supply Chain framework
- NTIC’s applied to supply chain processes
2. APS and Data Warehouse: Event Management
- Demand Planning and Forecasting (mid- and long-term)
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling (short-term)
- What Event Management is
- Data Warehouse: Business Warehouse
3. Workflow and PLM (Product LifeCycle Management)
- What a Workflow is
- A concrete example of the launch process
4. SRM: Supplier Relationship Management
- What SRM is
- Example of an SRM web based application: Supplier portal
5. Transport security and traceability
- Track and trace
- E-Logistics: Transwide ™
6. CRM: Customer Relationship Management
- What CRM is
- CRM web based applications: Backorder information, Medisales, Hartmann Pro, Claims management
7. WMS: Warehouse Management System
- Functions in warehouse systems: a virtual warehouse visit
- Warehouse design and realization of WMS
8. VMI : Vendor Managed Inventory
- What VMI, and CMI are
- Benefits of introducing VMI in a customer-supplier relationship
- Different kinds of VMI’s : upstream, downstream
- Concrete examples : with Hospitals, Distributors, Wholesalers
- EWR Plus®
- Build your VMI tool in Excel
- How to manage a VMI project
Basic SC knowledege
Logistics Management and Strategy ; A.Harrison and R.Van Hoek : ed. FT Prentice Hall, 2008
Total Supply Chain Management ; R.Basu, J.Newan Wright, ed. BH, 2008
Supply Chain Excellence ; P.Bolstorff, R.Rosenbaum, ed. AMACOM, 2007
Warehouse Management ; M.ten Hompel, T.Schmidt, ed. Springer, 2007
The Machine that Changed the World: The Story of Lean Production -- Toyota's Secret Weapon in the Global Car Wars that is Revolutionizing World Industry; Womack, Jones, Roos, Simon and Schuster, 1990
Such behaviors as...
... may lead to expulsion from classes.